Average Reviews:
(More customer reviews)Your Best Buys are NOT always at Frys.Sent my son down to Frys and looked at the various models to enable me to play my Iphone 3G through my Car Stereo System and also use it for Hands Free on Phone Calls. Jr located this one priced at 69.95.
Since Amazon showed the List Price over $100.00 and various reduced prices down to 65.00 I gave him the green light to buy although I am very leary of anything priced at 69.99 69.95 as being suspiciously FULL list price.
It was late and Frys was getting ready to close, so I didn't have time to research it and any similar models further. Best Buy had one at $59.95 but the model was different.
When I received the unit, took it out and plugged it into JR's radio. The Auto Scan feature doesn't scan the entire spectrum seeking the BEST & Clearest Channel but just steps up in frequency to the next open spot. It also charges the Iphone.
The Sound was strong through my son's radio in his car. We then took it to our Lexus 1992 and it was also strong when we played Music Content, Police Scanner etc.
Here was the let down.When we called either other, it muted the music but would not transmit the conversation through the vehicle system.
To make things even worse.... I went on [...] and put in the model #.Belkin had it listed at $59.95.Frys charged us 69.95 plus tax. I'm pissed and they are going to hear about it.
Now here is the Kicker. We have another different make and model that is only 29.95 and what we didn't know was that it too charges. My son got that for his car and said it didn't charge but he did not examine it close enough. It doesn't have the scanning for clear channels that the Belkin does. It DOES have about 6 presets on it, charges AND........when we call each other the Phone Conversation comes through the Car's Speaker System in AWESOME clarity. That unit was under $30.00. I don't have the Box so I can't say what the make/model is at this point.I will be returning this Belkin tomorrow and picking up another one of the cheaper competion models maybe even two more, as my family has three vehicles.
Conclusion... If you don't need the Telephone feature that does not seem to work, then the quality of the transmission from your Iphone is very good and the Scan does give you more stations to choose vs 6 presets of the cheaper competitor, you'll just have to use your Bluetooth Ear Piece for phone calls. Belkin does have one model up that retails for 69.95 and uses GPS to aid in tuning for the clearest station. Frys did not have that model.
Greg da Gorgeous 1
Click Here to see more reviews about: Belkin F8z343 Tunecast Auto Fm Transmitter (Personal Audio / Fm Transmitters & Adapters)
No comments:
Post a Comment